Thursday, September 27, 2012

This business of real estate

Ugh, I have to vent.  I just spent the last two hours on the phone trying to keep a deal alive for my seller.  The seller has given and given on the price and the buyers want more money for repairs and sellers just won't do it.  This deal has been tough from the get go, and my seller isn't going to budge and neither is the buyer so we are back to square one and getting the home back on the market.  That is what is so tough in this job,  you do all this work and it can be for nothing!  That is just part of it.  Some deals are super easy and make up for these that can be tough.  I guess since this is my only client right now that I should want them to stick around longer anyways.

This morning I spent an hour with the principal and other parents at a talk time where we got to ask the principal any questions we wanted.  This new city/district/neighborhood is all still so new to us, so anything I could learn was beneficial.  I learned about bloom's taxonomy (hadn't heard about this since college), the ACE program, instructional facilitators, the Dripping Springs Education Foundation, Robinhood (I didn't know this was even still around) and what is important to this school district to fund and not fund.  They compared themselves to Eanes quite a bit and the counselor said her son that just started at Texas State was very prepared to start college and that made me feel great, since I felt the complete opposite when I went to school.  This is a great school district and it was good to learn new things about it. 

Now on to finances, wish me luck there!