Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Crappy day

Ugh, it's been a long hard day.  I was in my car for way too long, I was overbooked, it started out with an email from a friend going through an even rougher time than me, another friend hurting over her mom's passing, I was hungry, tired, thirsty, had to pee, you name it.  I missed a meeting because I was so late from driving all over Austin in a day and then overwhelmed with getting caught up on what I had missed throughout the day.  But then I got to see my daughter play softball for the first time tonight and it totally made the crappy day a great happy day.  She loved it!  She was so darn nervous all day, stomach in knots nervous and she powered through it and did a great job.  She loved being catcher the most.  She went to bed saying she couldn't wait until the next time she was able to play again.  

When we went to get yogurt after the game, Scott realized he didn't have his wallet.  So we came home and he then went back to the fields, in freaking Manchaca, in the dark with a flashlight looking for his wallet.  He's one lucky man as he found it right in the middle of the field where he was practicing with the girls.  Thank God!!  So we can finally sleep, and sleep well, as a crappy day turned good is one I will take.  I am still hungry and have a headache but oh well, I am sure I will make the meal up somehow someway.