Sunday, November 25, 2012

Ali time


It's been so long since I have gotten to blog! It's been so busy around here and the Smith Inn has been full all week.  I am still on a high from the visit from the Slatons.  It was so much fun.  The first day we got to go visit wineries all afternoon around Dripping Springs and ended the day at a great restaurant where we had pumpkin risotto, portabello mushrooms and the boys had a steak.  We had great conversations with everyone at the different wineries and seeing Ali and Sean in burnt orange was rather hilarious. Then the next day we woke up and sent Addy and Douglas off to horse camp and took the little boys to Wimberley for the day.  We walked, shopped, and had a great lunch in that sweet little town.  Ali and I found a shop where we could get jams, dips, and wines and we had a ball in there.  That evening we showed them kids night at Nutty Brown and it was so great to see our kids playing together again and to get to cook together, catch up together and just hang out together.  We miss living around the corner for them so very much!

They lost a bet.  "Dr." Slaton and the Mrs. go out in burnt orange.

I felt bad for them so I wore red to make them feel more at home.

Scott and Ali at Bell Springs doing a tasting.  In the middle of the afternoon.  On a Monday.

 Just like old times!



The view from one of the wineries, Westcave Cellars.

Shopping time!



This is on the way to one of the wineries, I love the hill country.

Hudson and B loving this guitar



This cute store in Wimberley has wines from all the local wineries around here.


On stage again




A beautiful afternoon for eating outside

Have I said how much I love this town??


I can't believe how beautiful it is here






My favorite pic of the boys