Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Meaning of Christmas

I am having such a hard time keeping up this year with getting it all done before Christmas!  And I hate that cause I know what the real meaning behind Christmas is all about but I can't get through the hustle and bustle of getting it all done in time- wrapping presents here, presents there, family trip here, family trip there, baking all the goodies, gifts for school, gifts for teachers, gifts for secret Santa, Christmas cards, on and on.  I am not being bah hum bug here but I feel I haven't had time to stop this year and smell the pine trees.  I haven't even watched my annual Love Actually that I have to watch every year before Christmas. 

I was selling a Barbie doll house of Addy's because she doesn't like it anymore and I get this email from someone on Craigslist:  would you please consider donating this doll house to a little girl that is asking santa for a doll house we have no money or transportation we would need you to box it and send it to maxwell tx i'am trying to make this happen before Christmas but i think there is still time i can only promise that as soon as possible i would reemburse you for the doll house and whatever it cost to send or deliver i know this is alot to ask for but i am just trying to keep this babys belief in santa

This is one of many emails like this I got by putting this online.  It makes me want to just jump from the roof top and help people that are so much worse off than us.  I may stress a lot about money, but its not like this guy.  I did already sell the doll house but I will do what I can to help someone else get through this time.  Here I am venting about not getting it all done in time and feeling overwhelmed but in actuality, there are people out there with many worse problems.  I think I am just going to send this person some cash in the mail to help them believe in Santa, cause everyone should get that chance to.  That'll feel good.

***OK, my hubby said I was getting scammed on Craigslist by this guy, but I am still in the mood to give, so I am going to Dripping Springs Helping Hands instead. 

 
This is a picture I took this morning cause the clouds were just beautiful!  I guess that was God talking to me.